Back to the front page
And now, our third bachelor. He's the illegitimate son of King Albert I of Belgium (or so he says), he likes children, makes "spirit art", sells contact with dead spirits, and he's really creepy. Meet... Leo Jean !
There's a running gag about insane asylums that everyone there claims to be royalty. Well, this guy really brings the stereotype to life. But he also created his own religion, based on his capacity to communicate with spirits and do readings for you. Accept the "Light", and you will see that the Christian god is a demon. Also he sells "art". Prince Leopold is nothing if not multitasking. Now if the royal doctor could get him to take his medication...
The main site is a front end for all his "services". In the section "About My Work", you can read about his work as :
* psychic healer : When he was 6 he could cure nosebleeds. How he can travel interdimensionally to remove negative spirits and vibrations to cure you from AIDS, attempted suicide (how do you cure someone from that, anyway ?), cancer, coma, creative blocks, dyslexia, frigidity, illiteracy, impotence juvenile deliquency, paranoia, etc. He can also "completely remove voodoo, lineage and self-imposed curses". That's one healer.
Will do !
* spirit sayer : He can summon spirits ! Boo ! In fact, he has a whole other web site about that which we will see later.
* purveyor of the light : He's very keen on mentioning how the Light is giving him all these powers, and comes off sounding like a Marcel super-hero. It's the Light ! The Light ! Enough already.
* alien abduction therapist : He's also big on evil aliens. If you're being pestered by an alien, he can help you. He also points to his Alien Interview Archive. That one's a doozy, and I'll talk about it too.
* seminars : Vague promises that vague benefits will be achieved, with absolutely no clue of what the seminars are about. But it's probably really expensive.
* business protection : Sounds like the mafia, except less violent. Actually just Prince Leo removing curses on your business. Does he treat the Curse of the IRS ?
* readings : Combining vibrations, automatic writing, light healing and chakras, so Leo can tell you why you don't feel motivated. This may seem like overkill, but that's why your name is not "Prince Leo".
* special services for horses : Everything wrong with your horse is because of "negative spirits", even breeding. I'd like to see how curing *that* works.
Prince Leopold IV also explains his complex life story. Oh, he claims he was adopted by King Albert I of Belgium in secret (conveniently), that he was exiled to Boston, came back, was exiled to France, trained to become the next pope, and escaped. A likely story ! He also likes to talk about himself in the third person.
It's um... it's... a child's toy ! A cone of crushed ice ! A conical porcupine ! No, I give up. I have no idea what this is or what it's made of. And you can have one for only 300$ and up. Want a jug with all the US presidents in it and one of those cones on top ? Only 5000$ ! You can also buy watches with hearts, posters for children, and jewelry that looks like... maybe, a cross between Alien and stars of David. I don't know, this stuff is just indescribable.
There is just so much stuff on this site. And this is only one of his sites ! But it really goes in Twilight Zone territory in the "Alien Interview Archives". Apparently the Prince, like Koos Nolst Trenite, thinks that he is communicating telepathically with space aliens and that he is defeating their schemes with his mind. He also draws what they, and their spaceships, look like.
Woah ! Where do I sign up for the Sandilisian navy ? Dude.
Also note that Leo is so powerful that his little stories sound more like tripe L. Ron Hubbard would write. Leo instantly has the solution to every problem, and his "heroic" battles against those not "of the Light" look more like blackmail : he just "suspends" everyone who disagrees with him (even billions of people, if he thinks they're evil enough) until the entire planet joins his side. He sounds more like an evil tyrant to me. If he's so powerful, why haven't all those evil species in the universe killed him already ? But I'm afraid that asking questions at this point would be useless. For my friends, we are now in... the Crackpot Zone. Or more specifically, the "Smile, Nod and Walk Away Slowly" Zone.
Repository of some more "art" from our friend Leo, including "the $3 Million "Light Pegasus" Painting". It's a groovy painting of a flying horse that looks really sixties. It's worth at least 3 dollars and a pack of that bubble gum with the joke in it. Do they still sell those ?
Anyway, it turns out that all his paintings are of spirits he met, which he writes about on the page of each painting. He also offers "psychic art instruction", because he "has acquired the ability to project images to artists, so that they can create original works of their own". Details on this, however, are yet forthcoming.
As previously mentioned, Leo thinks he communicates with spirits. He can "bond" you for life with a famous spirit, such as Albert Einstein, Walt Disney, and Adolph Hitler. Actually, at the time of this writing, he claims he communicated with Pope John Paul 2, and that he tried hard to convince the Pope that his belief in original sin is really about karma. Well, original sin, karma, what's a little theological quibbling between spiritual friends ?
In this respect, he sounds very much like a crackpot featured on our top 7, Koos Nolst Trenite, who also used to communicate with spirits. But Koos, being a Scientologist, believes that he can communicate with all spirits. Leo seems to mostly communicate with dead or near-dead spirits.
And he used to charge a lot of money for all these spirits - Hitler was offered for a mere 15 million dollars. But he stopped this practice :
Which leads us to...
The Spiritual Enlightenment Religion
Well, this is a rather tedious web site with lots of mentions of "spirits" and "Light" and all this claptrap, but I like the "Membership" page. It turns out that it costs 200$ just to apply, and the annual fee is 500$. You better get a couple of Starlike art cones to go with that, or at least a t-shirt. "I tried to bond with Hitler's spirit and all I got was this stupid t-shirt".
Unlike most crackpots, Leo thinks it very important for him to convince young children of his psychic powers. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work. For instance, look at his poster. It gives off more of a "child molestor", or a "Michael Jackson", vibe than a "I love children" vibe.
Leo also teaches children what to do if they're afraid of a monster under the bed (throw imaginary light at it - that should do it), and that they should be racist :
Sorry Leo, but the whole "hatred of coloured spirits" thing isn't going to go well with the parents. You should at least go for a more consiliatory "coloured spirits should stay in their own spirit realm". This kind of anti-coloured rhetoric is just gonna sink you, and you'll NEVER sell that three million dollar painting of a flying horse.
Sanity Rating :
-340 points (probably not insane, but soars above mere crackpottery)